Dunk Island Transfers
- $40 per person same day return and cheaper rates are available for the kids.
- Times of departure are 9am, 10am, 11am
- Return times are 12.00pm & 3.30pm (other times by request).
- PLEASE NOTE - BOOKINGS ARE RECOMMENDED - TIMES CAN CHANGE
Mission Beach Dunk Island Water Taxi operates from Wongaling Beach and is a quick & easy way to get to Dunk Island in comfort in their custom designed 10 metre long vessel with seating for up 24 passengers. The day trip is all made easier by the great team at the Mission Beach Water Taxi who are friendly and always ready to help out.
Dunk Island’s lush rainforest, dense flora and fauna offers a variety of wildlife, the blue Ulysses butterfly, mammals and about 150 species of birds, including rare and vulnerable seabirds. The spectacular island also offers a large variety of marine life in the reefs, including crabs, shellfish, sea turtles, fish, dugongs and colourful corals.
As well as magical walking tracks and secluded beaches, Dunk Island also offers toilet and shower amenities on the spit and fantastic campgrounds with BBQ facilities, so upon finishing your walks, you can unpack the picnic in the Day Use Area and spend the rest of the day relaxing under the shade of the palm trees. Stop in at the Sunsent Bar for lunch and a couple of cold drinks after a wander up Mt Kootaloo!
Here are a couple of ideas but you are limited only by YOUR IMAGINATION, chill out and get back to nature and remember the fun things we love to do! There is heaps to keep you busy for a morning, afternoon or WHOLE DAY on Dunk Island…..but of course you can always just relax at the 'Sunset Bar' and watch the world pass by....
* Build a sand castle.
* Even better, build a drip castle!
* Bury Mum or Dad.
* Bomb off the jetty.
* Build a cubby house/shelter out of palm fronds.
* Collect cat’s eye shells in the shallows with snorkel gear (Mum and Dad will give you 50c a pop!) That keeps them busy for hours!
* Find a bird eating spider on the walks.
* Take a blow up tube or toy to play with in Dunk Island’s protected bays.
* Give them a rest under a tree.
For Big Kids
* Bomb off the jetty!
* Take an esky with a BBQ and beers – we have a beach cricket set and soccer ball to borrow.
* Snorkel at Muggy Muggy Beach.
* Sit and eat oysters off the rocks on Coconut Beach.
* Walk to the top of Mount Kootaloo and find the Geo Cache and leave a present – for those who have no idea what I’m talking about check it out http://geocaching.com.au/
* Continue on the circuit track and duck into Coconut Beach before returning to the spit.
* Take some fishing gear and catch a big one.
* Crack a coconut.
* Overnight camp on Dunk Island.
* Still at our age, build a shelter!
* Relax and enjoy the quiet serenity and watch out for turtles and dugong.
* Take a book and read it!
* Bird spotting – the feathered ones that is!
Outer Island Transfers
Imagine a deserted tropical island, coral beaches, shading palms, turquoise waters and up to 24 of your closest friends, relatives or even workmates.
Choose from any one of these amazing national park islands and we can get you there and pick you up. Perhaps the Twins - Wheeler for the facilities including toilets and picnic tables or Coombe for her shaded picnic table with easy access to two beaches to explore. The Triplets - Smith, Bowden or Hudson for there seclusion, privacy and great snorkeling.
If you and your family are all staying close to each other, we are happy to offer a door to door service from any point along the mainland from South Mission Beach through to Mission Beach. Just book a time and location and we’ll be there.
- Please enquire for rates, you will be surprised at how little the cost of paradise is!